Monday, February 23, 2009

Lathe Projects


Here is a few of the pillar candleholders I have been making on the lathe lately. The ones on the right side are the more recent creations. Most of the creations I make I leave natural finish & some a light stain. Notice there is one black one on the table. I actually have several other black ones in the drying process. When I paint them I get a bit anxious for the paint to dry. Too much heat from the heat gun & ....oops the paint bubbles. So I have to work on them more.
After things sit about one day in the shop they soon become covered with a fine coating of dust. Candleholders have been my projects now for a couple of weeks. Starting tomorrow I am changing projects. I will be going back to making kerosene oil lamps once again .I ordered some different burners that use a half pint jar instead of the tin canister I used in the past. These will be a lot cheaper to make.
Lat week I cleaned up the shavings that have been accumulating by the lathe for a couple of months. I hauled 3 – 16 gallon loads of shavings out that day. Today I started on making more shavings.

No comments: